Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Best Fries to get When You're Hungry.

It’s a Wednesday night; you have three dollars in your wallet and you want some fries. Where should you go?

Wendy’s is the answer to your question. Their fries are the healthiest out of the fries that I have evaluated. For a large fry from Wendy's, it costs $2.24. In that large fry, you get roughly 76 fries which means is about $0.03 per fry. They do not use too much or too little salt, but some fries have more salt than others. What I really like about their fries is that they use sea salt instead of regular salt. When I got the fries from Wendy’s they were very hot; almost too hot to eat, but they cooled down quickly. An issue with their fries though was the smell and the look of them. They made the fries seem not appetizing whatsoever. But once you actually pick one up you can tell that the fry is very firm and there is a lot of potato on the inside. To take a bite off of the fry is amazing. It tastes like a great fry and it makes you forget about the little things that are wrong with them.
Overall I would rate Wendy's with four out of five stars.

The next place I would recommend if there wasn't a Wendy’s nearby is McDonald's. For a large fry, you get approximately 82 fries at $2.04 for the total which means the cost for one fry is about $0.02. A bad thing about their fries is that you have to really like salt to eat McDonald’s fries most of the time. They are very salty, but if you like salt it’s not something you will really notice. You can smell the greasiness of the fries when you get them and the look of them is greasy and salty, but appetizing in a way. Most of the fries are pretty crunchy, but you'll get some every now and then that are soggy from sitting in the grease. The taste of the fries were very delicious. When I got the fries they were very hot because they were freshly made. Through the time it took to eat all the fries, they had stayed warm and easy to eat. 

Overall I would rate McDonald's with three out of five stars. 


The third place I would recommend is BurgerKing. For a large fry, that has approximately 59 fries, costs $2.24 which would be about $0.04 per fry. My first impression of the fries was that they smelled greasy and they looked like they were not really cooked at all. However, the fries were the perfect temperature when I got them; warm, but not too hot.  They were also very firm and full of potato. The salt on them was not too much, but also not too little to the point that you wouldn’t taste it. They were not bad to eat at first, but the more you ate, the drier they became. It became very hard to swallow them without drinking something after a while. The fries also left a bad after taste once you got to the end of the batch.

I would give Burger King’s fries two out of five stars.   


Lastly, I would recommend going to Portillo’s to get fries. Going to Portillo’s, I already had high expectations, but to my surprise they were the worst fries I evaluated. For a large fry you get about 43 fries and it costs $2.15 which would come out to be $0.05 per fry. The fries were mildly warm when I got them and when I tried them they barely had any salt on them. They smelled very good though; the way a good fry should smell. The fries were dry and very hard to eat. I could tell that they were frozen and not fresh. They had a lot of potato in them, but it didn’t taste right; it almost tasted like artificial potato. Throughout the time it took me to eat the fries, they got cold very quickly. Holding them up, majority of them were firm on the outside and soft on the inside, but some of them were floppy. I was very disappointed after eating the fries from Portillo’s.

I would rate Portillo’s fries one out of five stars.  

So on that Wednesday night when you have some stuff to do, but you just want to grab a quick bite to eat, go to Wendy’s.

I'm curious to know what other people think so which restaurant do you think has the best fries?  

No comments:

Post a Comment